The competition will be open for all the students of Design Institutes in India. Entries should be submitted through legible sketches, 3D renders (to realistic looks), technical drawings with full description of the materials and process as first submission. Entries have to be submitted as per the guidelines and rules.
Shortlisted few would be provided with shredded unfit currency notes in order to make a prototype. The selected students will be contacted and asked to provide the requirements in amount of kilograms shredded material, as based on their design.
- Full scale prototypes are preferred by the Jury Members.
- In case of architectural or furniture related ideas, the jury accepts a half scale model.
- In case of any functionality related to the idea, the jury allows to use some similar techniques or materials.
- Students are required to send together with the prototype:
- Videos of the exact prototype manufacturing process or detailed description of the process with high resolution pictures
- Detailed explanation and description of any other material combined with the shredded unfit currency notes.
- It is possible to ask the Jury Members for mentorship.
- Students have to submit a declaration form by downloading it from the website.
- Prototype submission deadline: 10th of August 2017 should reach NID before 5pm IST.
- The address to send prototype will be:
National Institute of Design,
Paldi, Ahmedabad, 380 007, Gujarat, India
(L: +91 79 26629 659, M: +91 9727052999)
Registration Opens - 18th May 2017
Last Date for Registration - 28th June 2017, 12pm IST
Last Date for Round 1 Submission - 29th June 2017, 12pm IST
Announcement of shortlisted entries - 5th July 2017
Round 2 : Submission of Prototypes - 10th August 2017
Announcement of Winners - 28th August 2017
Award Ceremony - 25th September 2017